Photo

[ Stealth Bomber ] - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#26 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Frankly, I can see where having the class(es) on sisi can be advantageous.

I can see potential for a competition (and prize of course) on sisi during class. Bomb runs are metronome-type stuff, they're not that fun TBH, so I'm thinking a "pop-or-not" competition.....
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#27 Othran

Othran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Well, I've let the Sisi idea percolate for a few hours and I'm gonna skip this one. If that decision is final, please open up my slot (not sure why the sign-up thread is closed it says 30+Agony and there's only 24) and send me a refund. Thanks.

I think you should reconsider that Jon. I too hate sisi for "live fire" (I find it hard to care what happens on sisi bar maths) but in this instance it is justified.

Its easy enough to mwd into the bomb (ask Caldak - he did it in Sniggies :lol:) and each time you do that its 20mill. Add two losses (class/roam) onto class fee and you're pushing 100mill for two nights.

That's a lot for some people.
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#28 Smantis

Smantis

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Well, I've let the Sisi idea percolate for a few hours and I'm gonna skip this one. If that decision is final, please open up my slot (not sure why the sign-up thread is closed it says 30+Agony and there's only 24) and send me a refund. Thanks.

Hi AkJon

If you are having problems then I would be more then happy to help you get SISI up and running over a TS session. It is really easy to get going and once it is in place its an awesome tool to help learning.

Cheers
Eklest

#29 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

1 person pops a bomb at the wrong moment, 10 kill mails later you wouldn't be happy. Some things are better done by example, this is a advanced class. Were do we find a nice target waiting for you to practise approach uncloak point bomb torps paint damp, please don't shoot me I'm in just trying something I've never done yet. Setting up for a drop, need people to have a idea what's it like. Putting 20 odd people thru at a time takes isk and a risk factor. Yes the roam is on the live server.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#30 Vjorn

Vjorn

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Off topic but OMG people are going to be SO screwed with the way the jump button works now. I foresee epic lulz and FCs tearing their hair out (if they have any left) :lol:

Just got onto sisi and saw this lol. It's a good thing I spent several months training myself to navigate LS/NS/WH's with a default Warp To setting other than zero :P

Its easy enough to mwd into the bomb (ask Caldak - he did it in Sniggies :lol:)

I've bombed myself twice.....so far... :wacko:

#31 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

I've bombed myself twice.....so far... :wacko:

I've just blown myself up for the very first time on sisi :wacko: There's a new build and it is unbelievably laggy (upwards of a minute to jump). Best get some more ships I reckon.....
Today's word is :

#32 Angelio

Angelio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

My account is not active on Sisi I made a post for activation but I can not be sure if it will be done in time :mellow: Last mass activation done by dev was on 10th November … Any suggestions?

#33 Kalar Freno

Kalar Freno

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

My account is not active on Sisi I made a post for activation but I can not be sure if it will be done in time :mellow:

Last mass activation done by dev was on 10th November …

Any suggestions?

There's not a whole lot you can do except hope. Generally they do activations just before mass tests (to get as many people in as possible - there was a mass test on the 11th), and every couple of weeks outside of that.

Hopefully they'll do a new mass test on the new build released yesterday...

#34 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Apologies to anyone going to BMNV from 31-M on sisi, there's a large T2 drag bubble up, it'll drag you from pretty much all the celestials. I was about to take it back down but they've just done an unplanned reboot. Will get to it sometime this afternoon, but apologies if it drags you before then.
Today's word is :

#35 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Will see how many can't get onto SISI.Post here if you got problems. Going to open thread, let the numbers get a little higher.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,

Done some class's

#36 Kalar Freno

Kalar Freno

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

My account is not active on Sisi I made a post for activation but I can not be sure if it will be done in time :mellow:

Last mass activation done by dev was on 10th November …

Any suggestions?

There's not a whole lot you can do except hope. Generally they do activations just before mass tests (to get as many people in as possible - there was a mass test on the 11th), and every couple of weeks outside of that.

Hopefully they'll do a new mass test on the new build released yesterday...

Someone obviously hoped very hard!

Another mass test has been announced for Thurs, 17th Nov. So hopefully that means they'll do account activations tomorrow or Thursday. If you haven't got on to check that your account is activated, I suggest you do it today, and post in the thread if you need to.

Also, attending the mass test will give you an extra 2mil SP on Sisi, so if you need the SP to get your character into a bomber, go and join in!

ETA: Oh, and Caldak - the sign up thread is still locked....

#37 Angelio

Angelio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

Cool thx for info. Unfortunately I can not attend the mass test as I won’t be in the country and my Internet connection sucks on business trips. But I should be OK as I did fly bomber some a month ago on one of the Agony roams when we needed DPS and I think I had all necessary skills way back than. Thread posted hoping for the best :rolleyes:

#38 Marvin

Marvin

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

I've tried to download the patch overnight but the PC was off this morning so no idea if it was a power trip or what (hope only that). Will try to set it all up and log int to Sisi this evening.

#39 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

There's another good reason for going on sisi - even if nothing goes hideously wrong with a bombing run (it will) I reckon the class might burn though 200mill of bombs :blink: Edit - 25 or so people, 10+ bomb runs maybe?
Today's word is :

#40 Angelio

Angelio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

I did it yesterday you will have to download acc 1,2 gb + 150 mb of data...

#41 Carver

Carver

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

tactical bomb overlay displays bomb explosion radius on SISI
<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#42 Xel Set

Xel Set
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

So, do I understand correctly that the November 19th @ 20:00 class for stealth bombers will be meeting on Sisi and _not_ in Stacmon as advertised in the enrollment thread, and, if so, why hasn't this been updated into the OP of the enrollment thread? Thank you for the clarification.

#43 John McGuirk

John McGuirk

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

From what I understand (which is very little), Stacmon may still be the meeting destination on Sisi. I merely posted that Agoze happens to be close to Stacmon for your shopping convenience (it's one of the fire-sale "everything for 100 isk" stations). I think Othram posted a station that was further down into Syndicate that has the same great prices. Neither of which is intended to change what the starting system is, just save everyone the trouble of having to jump regions to find out where the cheap goods are in the market window.

Edit, points deducted for reading comprehension. Thanks Eklest.

#44 Freerunner

Freerunner

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

There is a mass test on teh 17th, so that should help out with SISI access and skills. http://www.eveonline...&nid=4791&tid=1 Note that they'll be giving out 2mill skillpoints to attendees, so you may want to actually log on then and reap the rewards. Esp. helpful for those of you cutting it close on skills. The new environment is gorgeous. And I'm all for practicing on SISI. Nice to be able to focus on the class instead of looking over my shoulder.

#45 Smantis

Smantis

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

So, do I understand correctly that the November 19th @ 20:00 class for stealth bombers will be meeting on Sisi and _not_ in Stacmon as advertised in the enrollment thread, and, if so, why hasn't this been updated into the OP of the enrollment thread?

Thank you for the clarification.

At the top of this post says that we are too meet in 31-MLU on the test server (SiSi). A fully seeded supply shop is available about 2-3 jumps over in X-M. Only thing you cant get in X-M is faction torps.

Eklest

#46 Xel Set

Xel Set
  • PipPip

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

So, do I understand correctly that the November 19th @ 20:00 class for stealth bombers will be meeting on Sisi and _not_ in Stacmon as advertised in the enrollment thread, and, if so, why hasn't this been updated into the OP of the enrollment thread?

Thank you for the clarification.

At the top of this post says that we are too meet in 31-MLU on the test server (SiSi). A fully seeded supply shop is available about 2-3 jumps over in X-M. Only thing you cant get in X-M is faction torps.

Eklest

Yeah, I saw that. I guess my point is that there is conflicting information in the official enrollment thread, which I guess I will disregard and supplant with the info from this thread. Good to know about the supply shop, thx.

#47 Othran

Othran

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

I cannot confirm I saw a certain FC who was setting up 30 of each bomber in X-M. Oh wait....umm :P
Today's word is :

#48 otto kama

otto kama
  • PipPip

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

you can open my slot as well, can't get sisi running and no desire to try any further...
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?213062]BASIC-20100814[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?214306]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?237085]ADVANCED-20110102[/link]

#49 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

If you can't do the Sisi part that's ok, listen in and follow the white board bits. It is the demo of using the Bridge option and a few runs dropping the bombs, if you comfortable with this then we can chat on the day.

Done some class's

#50 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

If you can't do the Sisi part that's ok, listen in and follow the white board bits.

It is the demo of using the Bridge option and a few runs dropping the bombs, if you comfortable with this then we can chat on the day.

That'll be fine.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image