Photo

[1st April @ 19:00] DISCUSSION: Behold! The Beloved Rookie Ship! (Free Alumni Roam)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Ok, moving all the discussion posts from the Sign-Up thread to this thread. Let's keep all the discussion and strategy plotting here in this thread regarding the upcoming Rookie Ship Roam!

Here's the discussion so far:

Since velators are clearly the best rookie ship, does anyone feel like producing a stock of them in Stacmon? :P

Turns out I have 11 Velators in Stacmon ... the souvenirs of previous roams ;) I'll see if I can spawn more!

We need more, way more. One of my alts is Gallente so I will get him to produce number of ships.

Got a gallente alt as well, I'll make a few. Are we fitting ewar, or are we going with a prop mod instead?
Edit: Also it turns out you can actually squeeze 100 dps out of a velator with electron blasters with void, a magstab and an ewar mod. Thats actually quite impressive when you think about it. Downside is that you've got 651 ehp.
Edit 2: Actually, just noticed this thing can carry 2 light drones. 128 dps o/.

And you can fit 2 drones in a velator, too :) Don't forget the drones!
Mids will be distributed amongst the fleet depending upon who shows up, how many we have. Since there is only one mid slot on a Rookie ship, we'll set the fleet up so some people have point, some scram, maybe some jams, damps, tracks. Have some ab/mwd available also - the early plan is to have a fleet that is 100% rookie ships. But... who knows... might end up with some dedicated scouts/skirmishers, in which case then how we fit the mids fleet-wide will change :)
As to tank... hehehe... well, you should be able to fit a damage control unit... but otherwise, we'll be number and laughter tanked. Hopefully the opponents will be wtf laughing so hard that we'll gain the upper hand muhahaha! (doubtful but hey, one can dream, right?)

Just get hulls. Modules can be sourced from the market but hulls needs to be "produced" by Gallente pilots. This is more important. Basically everyone who enrols and is Gallente should produce 20-30 hulls for the class. This way we can have a couple of hundreds of them ready.

I'm not really sure if a DC is worth it tbh. It does bump your EHP up to something like 1000, but its still so tiny that you'll basically die as soon as you get targeted. Might be better to just put a mag stab in there instead for that extra dps.

Bloody hell I hope I get podded the night before this roam. Cheapest clone I have has 50mill in implants :D

I don't want to "require" Gallente pilots to spawn dozens of hulls for the event. If Gallente pilots wish to spend time spawning a bunch of hulls for this event, they are MORE than welcome and very much appreciated!!! But it's not required.
Meanwhile, Victor came up with a nifty "trick" to speed up the spawning of rookie hulls. I've updated the original post above with this great idea.
Seriously true - instapop if you get primaried! The 800,000ish isk spent on a dcu2 would be wasted. Mag stab better option :)

Then again though. People are unlikely to call primaries against noob ships, and if everyone fits a DC it does bump up the fleets total EHP to nearly double. The question is if that is worth more than 25% extra dps. I guess another factor is that people who get popped can potentially get back into the fight in 20 seconds if its in a station system. they'll do basically no dps, but can still help by being decoys.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Dior Saursi

Dior Saursi

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

The gallente rookie ships can field a drone.

#3 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

The gallente rookie ships can field a drone.

I believe all of them can field drone, gallente can use 2 as far as I know. I haven't lost rookie 1v1 with mse velator yet :)
First: Victory is Life!

#4 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Posted this in the events thread as well. All these threads are making me confused:

Just made a good 20 velators. I found that a good way to immediately repackage one after you make it and then put it in a station container. That way you can make them in the same station without having to warp between 2 stations

#5 Vora

Vora

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Good Idea, feriluce. Looks like I have to come an hour earlier. Can't wait to see the traffic jam caused by Gallente capsules on the Stacmon undock...

#6 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Well, we should have enough ships for everybody I think. So far I've got 30 and I'll probably make a good bit more before the roam. One thing to take note of though. You need to have gallente frig trained at least a bit for the velator to be worth it, as noob ships apparantly take their bonuses from the racial frig skills. I can imagine it would be nice with some reapers in there as well for tackle. They get 5% speed per level. A few of those with scram or web would probably not be bad. Build wise, as far as I can see this maximises dps as much as possible for the velator. 158 dps with all lvl 5. Midslot is free for any ewar: [Velator, New Setup 1] Magnetic Field Stabilizer II ECM - White Noise Generator II Light Electron Blaster II, Void S Light Ion Blaster II, Void S Hobgoblin II x2

#7 AkJon Ferguson

AkJon Ferguson

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I doubt I'll attend, but I'd fit something like this if I were to attend: [Velaktor] Micro Auxiliary Power Core II Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S Light Electron Blaster II, Void S Hobgoblin II x2 This fit is more fun and effective than the EFT on-paper max DPS version. 2x Ion's also fit, with identical DPS, but I think this makes more sense since it gives you most of your DPS at better range.
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/9285-closed-pvp-basic-20-21-feb-1800/]BASIC-20100220[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11350-open-pvp-avanced-hssr-2300-15th-advanced-2100-for-16th-17th-july/]ADVANCED HSSR -1807102100[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/11588-closed-pvp-wolfpacks-class-august-2829-1800/]WOLFPACKS-201008281800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/12728-fullpvp-covops-nov-28-1800-venue-changeread/]COVOPS - 281101800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13477-closed-pvp-skirmish-prototype-class-29th-30th-january-1300/]SKIRMISH-20110129[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/13315-closed-pvp-flybys-february-12th-1800/]FLYBYS-20110212[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/index.php?/topic/16195-closed-stealth-bombers-20111119-2000/]Stealth Bombers 20111119[/link]
Posted Image

#8 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

That way you give up any sort of ewar or tackle though, which I'm not sure is such a good idea. Isn't MAPC II's really quite expensive as well?

#9 dizzy

dizzy
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm not exactly a seasoned PvP'er, but I think the Minmatar rookie ship seems just as good as the Velator, in that it is approximately 40% faster with no prop mods (with minmatar frigate V). I would think a mix of Reapers and Velators would be better than purely Velators. edit: A nanofibre internal structure is needed in the low slot for 40% speed gain over Velator

#10 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

The velator does do a lot more dps, but it is true that some reapers with webs and scrams would be handy as well. Most likely want some of those in there as well.

#11 Othran

Othran

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

Better off with an overdrive than a nano : [Reaper, Scram] Overdrive Injector System II J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I 125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S 125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S Substitute web/point as required. Edit - screw the T2 stuff on tacklers, may as well go meta 2/3. T2 feels wrong on newbie ships :) [Reaper, T1 Scram] Overdrive Injector System I J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I Small Nosferatu I 150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, Phased Plasma S Going to need people in newbie ships with mwd though so we can TAM onto the targets - feels wrong doing it with inties, like cheating or something. [Reaper, TAM] Micro Auxiliary Power Core I 1MN MicroWarpdrive I 150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, Phased Plasma S 150mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, Phased Plasma S May as well go full newbie if possible :D
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#12 Laia Karie

Laia Karie
  • Pip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Scouts? [Reaper, Scout] Micro Auxiliary Power Core I 1MN MicroWarpdrive II 125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S Prototype Cloaking Device I

#13 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

A cloak on a noob ship! For some reason I cant stop laughing hysterically at the thought! xD

#14 Othran

Othran

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Scouts?
[Reaper, Scout]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

1MN MicroWarpdrive II

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Do it :)

Newbie scouts, newbie skirmish, newbie dps - just need newbie ecm now :)
Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#15 Othran

Othran

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

I doubt I'll attend

I mean this in the best possible way Jon. I know you and I have had "issues" but come along and have a laugh. Sod the k/d stats, if you have a smile on your face after a fight then that's all that counts.

The fleet will be organised lunacy. Probably :P

I will just have to get podded the night before as the newbie roam is likely to cost me 50 mill in implants. Best doing that with hero tackle/whatever than in a newbie ship, although I dunno, would make a nice killmail.

tl;dr - to hell with the stats/15mill medical clone bills. Its fun. Come and play :)
Today's word is :

#16 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Scouts?
[Reaper, Scout]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

1MN MicroWarpdrive II

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Barrage S
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Do it :)

Newbie scouts, newbie skirmish, newbie dps - just need newbie ecm now :)

Noob ecm is just the velator dps fit with an ewar mod in the midslot.

#17 Othran

Othran

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Mmm any newbie ship can do ewar. Wouldn't recommend it with blasters/lasers though as there isn't much cap to play with. Reapers seem ideal for scram/point/ewar/tam. Minmatar frigate 5 is probably pretty common for peeps thinking about this? If you have nice drone/hybrid skills then do dps. Anything else then probably do tackle/TAM/EWAR. Velator doesn't want anything other than a web really - TAMs get you in range, points/scrams are on, you may as well put a web on them. You're unlikely to be able to stay in range without a web on anything under BC - even if there is a scram on target.
Today's word is :

#18 feriluce

feriluce

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Mmm any newbie ship can do ewar. Wouldn't recommend it with blasters/lasers though as there isn't much cap to play with.

Reapers seem ideal for scram/point/ewar/tam. Minmatar frigate 5 is probably pretty common for peeps thinking about this?

If you have nice drone/hybrid skills then do dps. Anything else then probably do tackle/TAM/EWAR.

Velator doesn't want anything other than a web really - TAMs get you in range, points/scrams are on, you may as well put a web on them. You're unlikely to be able to stay in range without a web on anything under BC - even if there is a scram on target.

You will be cap stable with 2 blasters and a jammer on a velator, so that is not an issue. And that is me with only 4/4 cap skills.

#19 DustyAkachi

DustyAkachi
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

We are missing anti-drone support! [Reaper, Banger] Micro Auxiliary Power Core I Stasis Webifier II Small Plasma Smartbomb II Small Graviton Smartbomb II What could go wrong?

#20 Polrena

Polrena
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

Spawning rookie ship, alternate method #2a- does not require second station: Have station container in hanger. Leave ship. Contract all ships to an alt/away from you. Undock in pod. Redock. (Repackage ship, stuff in container, undock. Repeat as necessary, as seen in method on GG's post.) Cancel contract.

#21 DustyAkachi

DustyAkachi
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Are we trying to limit to Velator/Reaper to get fleet consistency? [Ibis, Sniper Ibis] Micro Auxiliary Power Core I Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range 150mm Railgun II, Spike S 150mm Railgun II, Spike S Warrior II x1 Hits out to 50km with Spikes, (37.5km if swap out sensor booster for EW)

#22 Unbent

Unbent
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

One problem I see is tackling ships that don't want us getting close. I can get 523 m/s out of a webbing Reaper with an Overdrive II, but will that be enough? In that regard, can ships piggyback? I'm thinking of one MWD Reaper for propulsion and a webbing ship with a small tractor beam holding on to it.

#23 Othran

Othran

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

If we don't have inties then some of the rookie ships will need to act as TAMs. Basically TAM ship (with mwd) flies to/past the target so the rest can warp in on the target. Although having said that I think the classic TAM manuevre (mini-warping less than 150km) got hit by the stealth nerfbat of doom at some point, pretty sure it didn't work last time I dual-boxed, but that could very well be incompetence :)
Today's word is :

#24 Kinroi

Kinroi
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

I won't be an alumnus until Saturday, but I'd like to get in on this roam (and now that Blipangel is playing again, I'll have to bug him to sign up as an alumnus as well).

In the meantime I *did* spend a day or two last week sprinkling stations in southern Syndicate with 100m3 cans holding ammo, 2 Warrior IIs, a 150mm Railgun II, a 1MN MWD, and a MAPC. (I don't remermber if I put a Salvager I or an Auto Targeter I in the cans for the other high slot.

I do like the auto targeter because it uses 1tf and 1MW while doubling lockable targets to 4 even though I leave it turned off.) I went with rails over blasters because of the difficulty in closing without tackle. You CAN use a cloak, but it has all the normal penalties AND takes up too much room for a 100m3 can.

I didn't know about this roam -- I was just making sure I could quick-fit a Velator if I suddenly found myself in a pod. ;)

Edit --
We brought in larger ships after tackling poor Winthorp, but this three-year old Dominix kill started out as a rookie ship roam:
http://eve.battlecli....php?id=7788153

#25 DustyAkachi

DustyAkachi
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

One last fitting to salvage all the kills we are going to get! [Velator, Salvager] Expanded Cargohold II Sensor Booster II Small Tractor Beam I Salvager I