Photo

[Feedback] Kiss Me I'm Irish Roam - AAR/Feedback Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Epic epic roam. Just so much fun!

Being St. Patrick's day, the theme was Kiss Me I'm Irish, which we spammed in local as the opportunity arose, while entertaining ourselves with a lot of surprisingly creative limericks and an epic Ballad that was really nifty!!

Speaking of limericks, I've included a handful of today's limericks (and Jalisco's nifty ballad) in the report below, the ones I managed to record plus others that were mailed to me, I will compile and post here as soon as possible. Wanted to get this posted before I fell asleep and forgot even more of what happened today!

Having so far only flown Ganked with Mang
A buddy and I loved to join Greygals gang
Expected to kill some stuff
Spamming some irish fluff
And finally die in a bang.

By: Sephira Galamore

All told, we destroyed at least 45 ships worth approximately 5.2-5.5 billion in ships today, and it looks like our losses were around 500-600 million. Although there are a number of kill and loss mails that aren't posted yet, those numbers are reasonably close to accurate. I've cross-posted all I could find on other boards to our board, but do please check your combat logs for any missing kills/losses and post them to our board.

We left Berta with 84 people in fleet - the largest fleet I have ever FC'd! Nope, I wasn't nervous at all ... much ... :)

Needless to say, I gave up on being ultra-super professional pretty quickly (like, before we even undocked!) and settled for a nice balance of organized chaos and utter mayhem as we quickly headed straight to Utopia, where we had word of a small gang that I thought would be a perfect way to start the day.

Little did I know that Utopia would turn out to be ... Utopic... is that a word? Regardless, Utopia was PVP heaven for the next nearly an hour.

The first major fight of the day was against a Basilisk-supported Ferox gang, where not only did 3 of the Basi's turn into salvage, so did at least 8 Ferox's and a few other ships.

Then, without skipping a beat, we flew across the system and dealt with a Prophecy gang Red Alliance threw at us. The Eve-Kill battle report shows this better than the Agony one does, although it is of mixed up with the Ferox gang and losses on our side aren't showing properly at all.

Somewhere in all of that (can't quite remember if it was before, between, or after the above) we tangled with some members of Dirt Nap squad, who lost a handful of miscellaneous ships to our drunken guns.

For a glorious hour, Utopia was the most violent system in the Universe, as more than 3 billion isk worth's of ships were lost to our guns.

THE BALLAD OF IRISH GRAY

In space on an Agony roam

all members were light years from home.

The Green Fleet; a winner-

all drinking our dinner-

With Gray Gal determined and stoned.

The scouts had a thought (as they do)

That capsuleers - mighty but few...

As we jumped through the gates,

defying our fates,

THEY thought we should sing as we flew!

We were drunk, what the hell, so we did it-

tho our enemies begged us to quit it.

We tackled them, singing,

their bleeding ears ringing.

Their end was at hand, they all knew.

“The Green Fleet will conquer” we all lied,

“With Gray Gal, our FC, as our guide.”

With death in our hearts and “The Drink” on our side

We locked 'em up, FIRED!

THEY DIED!

By: Jalisco Eisen Koraka

(For the record, I was not stoned - that would have been cool to be honest!)

Although we'd lost less barely a third of our total fleet, we headed up to Berta to reship and take a break. I definitely needed a break - my hands were shaking so much!! OMG I was just so thrilled, I'd never FC'd fights boom-boom-boom like that before!

A short break later, we headed back out, picking up a few scattered kills such as this cynabal, Vagabond and Rapier. If I remember right, some of these ships were part of a larger gang that we didn't land on properly and didn't get good tackles on, but we still managed to kill a few of them.

Although Utopia we heavenly to us, with lots of fun fights and good kills, I made the decision to head out and roam, as I knew if we continued to hang out in Utopia, our targets would start shipping up into a really serious counter to our intrepid little gang. As much as I enjoy whelping fleets, it's just as enjoyable to move on while you're still on top!

Based on intel and map traffic, it looked like there was some (likely small) fights to be found in D87 and the systems in and around HED-GP and 9UY, so for the next hour we headed up through Curse, Catch, and Providence, but, alas, the map statistics lied and my intel suppliers failed. We didn't find any targets, much less any good fights. So, knowing a good number of people needed to call it a night, we headed to Assah and docked up there for our next break and to regroup the fleet.

There once was a greygal in Hemin,

She couldn't care about nice comms a daming

She wanted some HED, she wanted it Bad.

But HED-GP didn't have a damn thing in (it).

By: Roigon

I must admit it is weird taking breaks with a full fleet, nobody in pods or newbie ships...

For quite a while, I've wanted to take a trip down to C9N and visit the memorial to Steve, the first Titan ever lost in New Eden. When everyone was back from break, I floated the idea to the fleet - go see Steve, or go back to Curse... a good amount of people voted for Steve, so off we went, now about 40 or 45 strong. Knowing much of the 32-system trip would be boringly empty, we still hoped we'd get a fight or two on the trip. We did get sidetrecked by a few stray Flying Dangerous ships, putting to rest their Omen and Stabber, then After a dozen or so dreadfully, boringly empty systems, Roigon caught us a Macharial ... which neuted Roigon and he lost tackle just as we arrived.

Alas, the Macherial pilot was blessed with excessive amounts of Irish luck and he got away before we were able to regain tackle on him. It was soooo close!!

Roigon had point on a mach

It didn't try to burn back

Exicited about this catch

He shouted on comms to burn fast

The mach neuted him out and denied him the wreck

By: Roigon

We continued on, unfortunately unmolested, to C9N where we paid our respects to Steve.

Posted Image

Knowing the systems we'd just traveled through were dead empty, I decided to have us loop up through Stain on the way back, intending to go up into Catch and Provi then back to Berta. System after mostly empty stystem, it looked to be just as quiet as the trip to C9N was until Roigon suddenly announced he had tackle on a Tengu and the Tengu had agressed on him!!

A Tengu. All alone. On a gate. And he agresses an interceptor.

I should give this guy free tuition to our next Basic class.

Needless to say, we did our best to make sure everyone still in fleet got on this killmail, which at 1.6 billion was worth MORE than some of the entire fleets we'd killed earlier today!!

Yes, the loot made it safely out :)

We headed back out, continuing towards HED-GP when word came of an Osprey-supported mixed cruiser/battlecruiser Kraken fleet in K-B2D3, which was only on the route back to Hemin, so we changed course, headed that way, and had a damn good fight where, finally, our little gang was well and truly whelped, but not without killing some of them, of course! (I'm positive we killed that Hurricane but the killmail has yet to post, and think there was another ship killed but don't remember).

I flew with Gray Gal, who was new to me.

Envisioning fame would accrue to me.

I was sorely misled

For now I am dead

And found the true meaning of Agony.

by: Jalisco Eisen Koraka

After exchanging many GF's in local, the remnants of our fleet of now mostly pods headed on back to Berta to call it a night... a most excellent, epic, absolutely satisfying night.

There was once a corp called Agony,

Who believed in friendship and harmony,

But as time wore on,

The message didn't catch on,

So now they're spreading the gospel of Gunnery.

By: Druur Monakh

This was a most awesome roam, everybody in fleet was just wonderful and so much fun! I can't thank everyone involved enough for making today so terrific - and can't wait to fly with ya'll again, soon! I'll get the rest of the limericks (especially the ones created on-the-spot by Granger and the ones that were evemailed to me) as soon as I can!

Off to sleep, with dreams of Eve!

Posted Image

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#2 Urkhan

Urkhan
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

This was A W E S O M E ! ! ! Really thanks for organizing the roam :-)

#3 Sebastian Thielman

Sebastian Thielman
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

This was my first time to venture beyond the scope of high security space, and I had a blast. During the three hours for which I was a member of the fleet, I got to participate in over two dozen kills, picked up several million ISK worth of loot and bounties, and I didn't even lose a ship. Cheerful company, bubbly beverages, loony limericks, and excellent explosions make for an all around good time. I look forward to PvP Basic on Friday.

#4 Vora

Vora

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

There was a woman who mollifyingly promised to whelp her fleet at the first occasion... but entering Utopia she showed her real face. Two innocently visiting fleets were stomped mercilessly under her cruel feet while terrified local campers (DNS) could only watch from far away, visibly shocked and awed. I'm appalled! Someone stop this woman! :o PS: Super roam!

#5 Sephira Galamore

Sephira Galamore
  • Pip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Awesome roam indeed, and great writeup!

(Pssht, you forgot a Limerick!)

#6 Arjar Ammar

Arjar Ammar
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Was an awesome fleet GG, those first couple of battles my initial thoughts were we weren't going to break the reps then the jams landed and it was golden, I was going crazy overloading guns and got back to Berta with 94% damage. The number of people that underestimate a well led big frig and dessie fleet continues to amaze me, but long may it continue!! As Mang said on the night you have to take out a ganked fleet at some point - it's a bit like an Agony roam except with much more drink, more randomness, a somewhat lackcidasical attitude* and usually more TiDi. *This usually disappears when the targets appear though!
Hope for the Best
Expect the Worst
Take what Comes

http://www.agony-unl...2-1900/

#7 Alice_Karjovic

Alice_Karjovic
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

I had a blast last night, great fun, great fleet, fantastic FC'ing and best of all lots of pew pew thanks all

#8 Granger

Granger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

There was a woman who mollifyingly promised to whelp her fleet at the first occasion... but entering Utopia she showed her real face. Two innocently visiting fleets were stomped mercilessly under her cruel feet while terrified local campers (DNS) could only watch from far away, visibly shocked and awed.

+1
"...the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy." - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Except that, as is usually said of spoons, THERE IS NO SHIELD." - Lord Maldoror
"Bob Shaftoes is drenched in Hyperions" - Kil2 CCP Rise, EVE AT XI
"Cambions are like Drakes that go really fast" - MB III CCP Dolan, EVE AT XI

BASIC-042620081900
WOLFPACKS-053120081600
FLYBYS-2206081600

Posted Image

My YouTube Channel

#9 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Awesome roam indeed, and great writeup!

(Pssht, you forgot a Limerick!)

Fixed :)

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

m3gAb3q.png

#10 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

So I made a wee video about our roam :) I am missing a couple of limericks that I couldn't find in the recording, so if your limerick isn't in here, just send it to me here on the forums or via evemail. Also, I am ashamed to say, I forgot the name of one of you who is in the video towards the end - let me know so I can credit you properly! I'll update the video with anything I missed! (And sorry, Psycho, I couldn't quite get your limericks to fit in lol!)

m3gAb3q.png

#11 Dexter102

Dexter102
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Good roam, most enjoyable. I'm also rather glad I was instructed more than once by GG to dock up and drop loot, which is sold and all. Tho I probably would have bolted from the last fight a lot earlier than I tried to if it had been in my hold :-) Also looking forward to joining more classes and roams. Especially the skirmisher class if I can get in early enough. Dex

BASIC-20100116

#12 Druur

Druur

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

You're really making it hard for me here, raising the bar like that, especially since I'm still catching up with the other things I wanted to write about :) It was a fun roam of epic length - in hindsight I should have actually gotten myself a few libations to keep my blood sugar at functional levels - and if people were to skittish to fight us, it was their loss! The only issue was that my video capture malfunctioned - sorry, no video :(
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#13 Redline1969

Redline1969
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Outstanding roam, arguably the best one I have been on. Thanks so much for a great time and showing us Steve.

#14 Druur

Druur

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

In the end, the bar proved to be too high to pass, so I wrote a few words about a POS shoot going horribly wrong instead.

But the op did give me a chance to pimp Agony's Basic PvP class on alliance mail :)
BASIC-20091121 -- FC BASIC-20091114 -- WOLFPACKS-20091201 -- ADVANCED-2603102400 -- ADVANCED HSSR -0805102300
The FC's Eyes in PVP-20101605 -- SKIRMISH-20110129 -- FLYBYS-20110212 -- PVP-COVOPS-20110219

Greygal> I am getting bored. Let’s do this.

#15 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Once again, Druur, you outdid yourself. Terrific read! I burst out laughing at this line: "Ok, maybe for the Minmatar, what did they know about righteous warfare?" (No offense, Minmatar!)

m3gAb3q.png