Photo

[FeedBack ] PVP - Wolfpacks 30th December

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

Right lets add news in here.

Buzzard  that probed us down was our first kill.

Our first Fleet fight. 15 down and although it went quickly, people showed skill in killing ships and user of Ewar.

Followed by alot of movement around from Ostingle , FD-MLJ, Barleguet, TWX-EI to getting a few kills in 3MOG-V.

Was a bit strange to see Brave not take a fight. Must of got them on a off foot.

Ended up with the Vindicator kill and getting bombed by 2 flight of bombers, good on FIGL.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,
“if you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog”.

Done some class's

#2 Arbatis

Arbatis
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Damn fine class Caldak, thanks a ton to the the FC and the skirmishers. Also, this: http://www.agony-unl..._detail/120016/

#3 Rivella

Rivella
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

Great class, thanks Caldak and all who helped!
Rivella - Test170119865539(RIV10)
Rivellina - Test170119865539(RIV10)
BASIC-20100701
WOLFPACKS-20131230

#4 MaxGreene

MaxGreene
  • PipPip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

I dont have very much to say about this class aside from it was very different than my experience in basic. It did not feel nearly as organized as basic did and there were inconsistencies that did nothing but confuse me and I think others, more fleet members were using Jump on comms than the FC was and the changing from JUMP to HOP numerous times, again confused me. I just walked away with a very different feeling than I did from basic, I probably shouldve went with my gut and taken basic again before this.

#5 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

Thats fine Max from Basics to Wolfpacks will be different. As a FC I expect a certain amount of individual piloting to happen. Basic should also instil the ability to move around and have an idea of using Dotland as well to follow the fleet movement.

When you go to the cruiser gang you will find another step up.

Anne Bonney, a notorious pirate in her own right, told her husband, Calico Jack Bonney, as he was captured by pirate hunters,

Done some class's

#6 Reinhardt Blackwing

Reinhardt Blackwing
  • PipPip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I found this class to be real great learned quite a few things :-) But agree with MaxGreene with people using the "J"-word a lot and the different changing of it. But otherwise I found this to be a great class and I strongly advice everyone to take this class it´s an eye-opener to the wonders of "fly-byes" and the glory of alpha strikes. 

Thanks everyone in Agony who made this happen. :-)

#7 solemnitus

solemnitus
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

solemnitus - solemnitus (LSKYL) 

Was not able to attend due to being on-call for work. ( got called :(

Please credit for a future adventure.

#8 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

solemnitus - solemnitus (LSKYL) 

Was not able to attend due to being on-call for work. ( got called :(

Please credit for a future adventure.

No worries, mate. Hope to see you on the next one. :)

#9 Othran

Othran

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Was a decent roam. Still wondering WTH was up with Brave, fair enough with their repping gang but their dessie gang not engaging then engaging stupidly and running away? :wacko:

Vindicator kill was funny with the wailing in local - FIGL getting the blame in local for "breaking the truce" :)

Lovely bomb run from FIGL at the end.

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#10 Kubetz

Kubetz
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

Was a bit strange to see Brave not take a fight. Must of got them on a off foot.

I was in the Brave Talwar fleet, so I can give you some limited information.

When the Brave fleet warped to you for the 1st time ready to engage you warped to sun. Our FC (Lumpymayo) didn't want to follow you there, because he was expecting drag bubble waiting on us. We stayed on our spot for few minutes, but after nothing happening we jumped to the next system hoping we will fight you there. We were jumping as you wrote "fight?" in the local :). I was a bit intoxicated, so I don't remember all the details, but I know that at one point we jumped and you were at the gate with the fleet, so we got order to try to crash the gate and jump back into safety so we can engage "properly". Don't quote me because I am a newb, but we were trying to engage at a long range so we can try to kite and survive as our Talwars were made of paper - getting dragged into a bubble or fighting at the gate you were waiting on us for would be quite a disaster for us.

After that we moved to our colleagues to the POS to help them with Usurper bit later die to fweddit bombs. I would much rather die to Agony roam than to those bombers :/.

Our Talwar fleet was created so we can fight you, so it is sad it didn't happen. I hope next time we will fight <3 . (But next time I try to register into WOLFPACK, so I will be on the other side. Don't tell anyone tho :-X.)

PS: Can any mod contact me and let me know why was my 1st account deleted? Had to reregister again. Thanks.

#11 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Best Wolfpacks ever, simply brilliant, right up to the bloody bombing ending :) Can't stop grinning, especially over how we took out that Vindicator.  :wub:   

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#12 Zunnta

Zunnta
  • Pip

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I enjoyed this whole exercise immensely.

Caldak & Greygal were awesome (again) - fortunately as an Aussie I have no trouble understanding Caldak.

This process is an immense eye opener for someone new to PvP & I can't wait for the next class.

Well done to everyone in the fleet.

#13 Rei Ayanami

Rei Ayanami
  • PipPip

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Overall I the class went great.

As far as some feedback:

- Tad bit less eager to warp from place to place.  Not saying sit there for minutes, but 2-3 seconds would allow those who have ships who enter Warp slower than others enough time to get on grid and come out of warp to properly regain the fleet.  I did know this happened to me a lot of times.  I literally arrive on grid and coming out of warp only to see the fleet warp off again.

- Don't rush it.as far as the class goes.

- Maybe spend 5-10 mins. going over proper ammo selection.  From Basic we were very much just short range and maybe how to better select ammo type with engagement situations.

#14 Caldak

Caldak

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Will remember to do that for the next Class, including the ammo selection.

Done some class's

#15 Syphurion

Syphurion
  • Pip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

Phenomial class, top-notch people in Agony - great experience and non-stop fun, even the bombs.... what a glorius sight 0.

Recommend this to anyone looking to learn or just have fun! 

#16 MaxGreene

MaxGreene
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I dont want anyone to think that my feedback was a knock on the class. I just felt that certain things couldve been handled better and wouldve lent to the more relaxed and organized vibe I got in the basic class.

The things Rei mentioned were some of what I was getting at. The class and roam had a somewhat frantic felling and in retrospect some of that was maybe due to comm discipline not being held and then the FC having to get his point out over others instead of on clear comms.

As for the bombing run that was pretty cool, I still dont understand exactly what they did right there but I remember being able to avoid the bombs in the basic class and these guys made it near impossible so it mustve been a good one.

#17 glepp

glepp

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I remember being able to avoid the bombs in the basic class and these guys made it near impossible so it mustve been a good one.

Tbh, our bomb dodge in the PVP Basic class was a tad lucky. We were sitting at a TAC, observing a large fight, and I told everyone to allign sun. 5 seconds later, bombers decloak and launch bombs, and I happened to have my pointer over the warpout still. Right click, warp fleet, noone caught. As FC, you have about 5 (ie, by then you must have hit "warp fleet" or people get caught in warp) seconds to react when someone bombs you, and you're not going to make it if you aren't prepared.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#18 One Two Buklemaschu

One Two Buklemaschu
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

I think the discussion of command words is reasonable. Ive been out on several roams either as student or as alumni with Caldek. and he does use a variety of commands to indicate that you should go through the gate. It would certainly be easier on the Students who have only been out with agony once or twice before to have a 'standard' set of commands across all classes and roams. However on the flip side. Using a variety of commands keeps you on your toes, you really need to be paying attention. Im also not a fan of trying to 'force' an FC to abide by a set of commands that they might not naturally use. The FC has enough on their plate without having to think about translating their natural commands into the standard set.... especially in the heat of batlle. Perhapes prior to starting to move the fleet around 5 mins could be spent on the FC's Style, just run through the various forms of command they typically use.

I think it would streamline the class section a bit more if the fleet just concentrated on the actual lessons during that part.. Ie dont worry about potential targets in the next system, or further away until the Roam actually starts. Unless someone throws their ship at the fleet like that buzzard pilot did.

During the roam It would be really educational if after each set of engagements there was a brief discussion about tactics. Both at the fleet level from the FC and at the individual pilot level telling us what we should have ideally done. I know Caldek did call for questions several times, and i could probably simply ask what was your tactical thoughts going into that fight. and What should i as an individual pilot in the fleet have been concentrating on (other than the obvious of killing the primary)

I found the info on the Flybys really good. It was also great to see how the drag / catch bubbles work. Although I could probably do with going over that again. (  with pictures :)  )

The shiny Vinidi Kill was a real highlight, not only just because of the KM but also how it was achieved, the patience that was demonstrated, then the pounce, and the demonstration of Ewars effectiveness against support ships, and the raw DPS of a fleet of destroyers... excellent stuff.

The info from Kubetz above regarding the BNI fleet is also interesting. It shows why we didnt get the fight, neither side wanting to give up their advantages. and there is actually several valuable lessons in there for us as well.

That bombing run... great end. but i think i did what more than a few others did... wait for the FC to fleet warp us out instead of taking things into my owh hands and warping off like we were told to do at the start...

Fun was had, an old dog learnt some new tricks. Op Success.

Graduated: PVP-BASIC PVP-WOLFPACK

#19 MaxGreene

MaxGreene
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I remember being able to avoid the bombs in the basic class and these guys made it near impossible so it mustve been a good one.

Tbh, our bomb dodge in the PVP Basic class was a tad lucky. We were sitting at a TAC, observing a large fight, and I told everyone to allign sun. 5 seconds later, bombers decloak and launch bombs, and I happened to have my pointer over the warpout still. Right click, warp fleet, noone caught. As FC, you have about 5 (ie, by then you must have hit "warp fleet" or people get caught in warp) seconds to react when someone bombs you, and you're not going to make it if you aren't prepared.

I see now, it also seemed to happen very quickly this time and while quick during the basic class this just seemed faster and others in this one commented on this being a perfect run. These are the 1st experiences with any kind of bomber Ive had so it was a crash course and it happens damn quick.

#20 glepp

glepp

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

The run during basic was pretty much perfect to the letter as well. We were just incidentally prepared for it, but it could have ended with a 100% dead fleet as well.

FIGL are good with bombers.

[20:58:13] CCP Unifex > loving the Tweed thing

#21 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

The bomber run on the Wolfpacks class consisted of two flights of eight bombers each, expertly thrown at us barely a minute apart.  Pretty hard to survive 16 bombs :) 

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#22 Othran

Othran

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Also FIGL didn't need to probe us down as the tac was busted, probably from some previous class so there were no real warning signs.

You should learn the importance of having some private (personal, not corp) tacs from the episode.

Was still a lovely 2 squad bomb run regardless of anything else.

Edit - it was a lot less than a minute between runs GG, more like 10 seconds. I got hit by 8 scorch bombs according to logs (looked, was curious), survived with 55% structure mainly cos I was in a Hyena (good thermal resists) and had a 400mm plate :)

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#23 MaxGreene

MaxGreene
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

It was pretty crazy because it almost podded me with the second set of blasts.