Photo

[FEEDBACK] PVP-SKIRMISHING February 28th @19:00

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Hey people,

I'm still tired and can't make a full AAR anyway (hopefully appearing down here soon), but we'd love to receive your feedback, whatever form that may be!

Cheers,

Toran & all the other PVP-Us that mainly ran the class anyway

#2 One Two Buklemaschu

One Two Buklemaschu
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

I really enjoyed the class... but that was too be expected.

Its funny i can happily give recon for Uni fleets without being nervous, but put me in an agony class with a bunch of people watching and i cant get two words out without tripping over my own tounge.

the 2nd day was good fun too. lots of back and forth, was sometimes hard to know what to do, ie do we keep eyes on gates, go ahead, stay behind, etc. In the end i decided to try and do the role assigned as much as possible but tempered with what i when FC'ing would want me to do..

It meant that i missed the fight in vestouve as i was keeping eyes on the gates in barleguet.

Its a shame that we couldnt get the wolf that i tackled in MHC. I decided to warp out when i went into structure and there were half a dozen already on grid... id hoped one of them had it locked down...but i guess they didnt. In hindsight if they had tracking disrupters id have probably been able to hold him... i didnt hear any calls on comms though... and bassed on the damage i was taking i could survive 2 more impacts so decided that the survive directive took precedence.

To catch him i faked my max speed when i covered 250km-100km and then went max and one round of overheat to surprise him. that worked really well. 

I had another interesting little dance with the brave fleet as they bpassed through 5-F on the way back to Barleguet. I let their crow get too close and he grabbed point then their frigate fleet warped in... i was happy for the maledictions awesome speed and heated my MWD to loose the crow and warp off before any of them could damage me. I went to a customs agent and was followed, and had to evade them again. In anything else Ive flown id have been trying to evac a pod, or worse cleaning clone vat goo outta my ears

So i had a great time even if i could follow my normal tradition and stay with the roam untill everyone was worn out (my sisters garden furniture needed painting ) And tonight ive already held point on a Tengu, a Myrmidon, and a Naga... apparently you can teach an old dog new tricks.:)

- One Two

Graduated: PVP-BASIC PVP-WOLFPACK

#3 sovai

sovai

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

I thought the class was great overall. The practice on giving a recon report, tackling and the concepts behind what skirmishers do for the fleet was very helpful. I also think that the practicum of running as skirmishers for a fleet is an awesome test of what we learned and a great opportunity to practice.

There are a few things that may be helpful to future students that I learned on the second day.

* When you are +1 or +2 and the fleet is changing directions quickly, what's the best way to deal with that?

* When you are a spare skirmisher and are roaming around, is there anything to keep in mind as far as distance from the fleet?

* When roaming, are there guidelines on how much effort you should put into looking for targets of opportunity? For example, I saw a Tengu moving around in one system while I was roaming for the fleet. Do you spend as much time as needed if the fleet isn't actively on the trail of something already?

There may not be rules for any of those situations, but even just comments on how you guys prefer to handle those situations could be useful.

That said, this is just a small addition to a bunch of great information already presented.

Many thanks to the instructors and the others involved in running the course. :-)

Sovai

#4 Yamir Ke'Shark

Yamir Ke'Shark

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

I thought the class was great overall. The practice on giving a recon report, tackling and the concepts behind what skirmishers do for the fleet was very helpful. I also think that the practicum of running as skirmishers for a fleet is an awesome test of what we learned and a great opportunity to practice.

There are a few things that may be helpful to future students that I learned on the second day.

* When you are +1 or +2 and the fleet is changing directions quickly, what's the best way to deal with that?

* When you are a spare skirmisher and are roaming around, is there anything to keep in mind as far as distance from the fleet?

* When roaming, are there guidelines on how much effort you should put into looking for targets of opportunity? For example, I saw a Tengu moving around in one system while I was roaming for the fleet. Do you spend as much time as needed if the fleet isn't actively on the trail of something already?

There may not be rules for any of those situations, but even just comments on how you guys prefer to handle those situations could be useful.

That said, this is just a small addition to a bunch of great information already presented.

Many thanks to the instructors and the others involved in running the course. :-)

Sovai

Most of these questions all depend on the FC, the skirmisher, and the amount of skirmishers available.

But in general:

- as +1/+2 if another skirmisher can take over the role of +1/+2 in the new direction then take over their old role; if there is not then you probably want to re-establish yourself as +1/+2

- lots, you need not only situational awareness of where you are, but where the fleet is but also other skirmishers and if there are any Disconnects/Stragglers you may need to help. Stay alive, backup the other skirmishers, backup the FC, backup the fleet.

- Time and experience will tell, if you don't find a target in a system after 60 seconds they've usually had enough time to run away/POS/safe up by then (depending on whats floating around and is entirely situational of course, or if they're AFK/bait or not) but it's probably a good idea to move on from there.

but all of the above is of course modified by situational requirements, experience, fc requirements, backup availability, etc.

--
Posted Image