Photo

[Blog] Shameless plug - Adventures in Fleet Command

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xixar

Xixar

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

So I've started a blog and thought you guys might like to take a look.

The blog is about fleet commanding and will hopefully soon be filled with stories of me learning and / or dying while trying. At this stage I'm hoping for at least one new post a week.

Comments are welcome. The layout etc is still a work in progress so feel free to complain about my colour  / layout choices.

Thanks for reading!

One day, I will find the perfect fit for the wolf.

BASIC-20100116
WOLFPACKS-20101228

ADVANCED-20120418

#2 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Read on my phone but no comments on layout. Was clear enough at least.

I think the first two posts were good - short and well written. I think it might be worth having a post early on explaining what position you are coming from (experience up to now) and what you want to achieve in your FCing, as well as some thinking behind why you are taking out specific fleet types over others. For example, why did you choose a stealth bomber wormhole roam for your first one when it isn't exactly conventional? Your reasoning behind the thrasher gang in that thread would be the sort of thing I mean.

I think doing that would also help you be more analytical about where improvements might lie and how to develop.

Otherwise, a good start. I'll link you on twitter if you remind me when we're both online.

#3 Itkovian Beddict

Itkovian Beddict

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

Mentioned it on the Agony Twitter. Can post each time you put up a new post if you remind me...

#4 Xixar

Xixar

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Thanks! (And thanks for the feedback.)
One day, I will find the perfect fit for the wolf.

BASIC-20100116
WOLFPACKS-20101228

ADVANCED-20120418

#5 Volstruis

Volstruis

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Looks great dude well done.

You should add a 'blog-roll' and try get yourself linked on some other dudes blogs. I'm sure Rixx will have you on his for eg.

The world's most elusive Ostrich.