• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Karasuma Akane

Karasuma Akane

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

U.S. Navy Successfully Tests Laser Weapon in the Persian Gulf 

Navy shows how its new laser gun works at sea

LAZORZ! AMARR VICTOR!

Now if the Navy can deploy their railgun, we'll be that much closer to Eve Is Real.  ;)

Agony Unleashed: Combat, Combat Training, More Combat, Other (did we mention combat?)

Posted Image
Best Pony, Element of Magic, Princess of Science

#2 Silas

Silas

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

Kinda cool but lacks pew pew sound and color...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#3 Species 8472

Species 8472

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:58 AM

That is so cool wish i could die and be reincarnated another 200 years from now so i can fly them on ships

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Hsu Li

Hsu Li

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

Kinda cool but lacks pew pew sound and color...

this

First: Victory is Life!

#5 Draelor

Draelor

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

That's about a week old Karasuma :D

That day, I woke up in the future.  Now, however, you're just living in the past.

"Who the F is this knob?"

#6 Jaysen Larrisen

Jaysen Larrisen

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Meh.  

It's not a plasma rifle in a 40 watt range.  

"Endless money forms the sinews of war." - Cicero

#7 Carver

Carver

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Apparently you overlooked the historical documents... 

<18:28:33> "[AGONY] Carver" was removed from server group "Super Admin" by "[AGONY] Carver".

#8 Othran

Othran

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'll take the existing 20mm Phalanx system thanks - it can (unlike the current variant of LaWS) actually hit targets which don't move in straight lines, and much more importantly its actually legal to use against humans ;) LaWS is currently illegal under the terms of the Geneva Convention but then again so is torture....

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#9 Silas

Silas

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'll take the existing 20mm Phalanx system thanks - it can (unlike the current variant of LaWS) actually hit targets which don't move in straight lines, and much more importantly its actually legal to use against humans ;) LaWS is currently illegal under the terms of the Geneva Convention but then again so is torture....

But they are not lawful combatants! They can torture them all they want... yeah... logic.

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#10 Othran

Othran

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well where's the logic in having a 20mm cannon which fires 75 rounds a second being "legal" to target a human whereas a 30kW laser is illegal? I'm 100% sure I'd rather the "illegal" option as the cannon isn't going to leave anything other than raw meat splattered over a few metres.

Morals of any sort do rather seem to be very optional in the 21st century so far :(

Today's word is :

MORAL, adj. Conforming to a local and mutable standard of right. Having the quality of general expediency.

#11 Karasuma Akane

Karasuma Akane

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'll take the existing 20mm Phalanx system thanks

I did appreciate having the C-RAM while at FOB Shank and Bagram Airfield.  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Saw it prematurely pop incoming IDF a couple of times.  :)

Agony Unleashed: Combat, Combat Training, More Combat, Other (did we mention combat?)

Posted Image
Best Pony, Element of Magic, Princess of Science

#12 Goodvibes

Goodvibes

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well where's the logic in having a 20mm cannon which fires 75 rounds a second being "legal" to target a human whereas a 30kW laser is illegal? I'm 100% sure I'd rather the "illegal" option as the cannon isn't going to leave anything other than raw meat splattered over a few metres.

Morals of any sort do rather seem to be very optional in the 21st century so far :(

Because early laser weapons, while not powerful enough to do any damage, were powerful enough to blind. There were prototype man-portable systems that basically mounted on the top of your M16 and let you blind whole swathes of whichever brown people had offended you this time. This was seen as unsporting and was therefore banned.

pEGjqYG.jpg

#13 Gizznitt

Gizznitt

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Think flashbangs that permanently blind people...  Such form of fighting is why laser weapons were banned.  

BASIC - 1402090200

WolfPacks - 2103090200

Advanced - 0404091800

Practice Random Violence, and Senseless Acts of Beauty!