Photo

[QUESTIONS!] PvP University Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#51 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

The registration for the PVP-BASIC course on the 6th of June opens on May the 23rd, at 20:00. I assume that is GMT, is that correct?

Yes.

#52 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

The registration for the PVP-BASIC course on the 6th of June opens on May the 23rd, at 20:00. I assume that is GMT, is that correct?

All times are always in EVE Time.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#53 Kyger Litor

Kyger Litor
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

The BASIC course on 6th June starts at 18.00 GMT. I would love to sign up for this, but I know that RL is going to get in the way for me at that time (3yr old son), so I'm likely to be around 15-20 minutes late. Am I still able to enrol, and is that likely to cause problems? How long does the course stay in station before leaving to start the practical side? Many thanks KL
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?131367]BASIC-0606091800[/link]
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?139800]WOLFPACKS-0627091800[/link]

#54 Azual

Azual

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

The BASIC course on 6th June starts at 18.00 GMT. I would love to sign up for this, but I know that RL is going to get in the way for me at that time (3yr old son), so I'm likely to be around 15-20 minutes late.

Am I still able to enrol, and is that likely to cause problems? How long does the course stay in station before leaving to start the practical side?

Many thanks
KL

Obviously it's not ideal, but we have had students turn up late before (things happen, and real life comes first) and realistically in the first 15-20 minutes you won't miss a great deal, so I don't personally [non-official response alert!] think it would be a problem.

The class typically stays in station for quite a while to begin with while some of the basics are discussed, and then the remainder of the theory content is delivered in space in a nearby system, which takes up about the first 4 hours of the class, give or take. It's important that you're present for as much of this as possible though, since this is where the actual meat of the class is delivered. The 'practical' section afterwards is really just practice. And explosions !lol

If you successfully enroll on the course, I'd recommend you PM the instructor to let them know you're going to be running a little late, and just try to get online as quickly as you can so you don't miss anything significant that will make things difficult for you later on.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#55 Killswitch

Killswitch

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

I seemed to miss the class signup for the one on the 23rd. I had assume sign up would be on the 23rd but I missed out again. I saw the next signup is at 1800. Is that 1800 eve time?, or could I get that time in eve time?
[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?134154.0]BASIC - 1906092100
[/link] [link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?135781]WOLFPACKS-200906271800[/link]

#56 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Please note the first line in the thread the next class. Registration will open at 20:00 this saturday.

http://www.agony-unl...ic.php?131367.0

#57 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

I signed up for the June 6 class but am 54th on the list putting me in the stand-by category. Does that mean that if I show up to the class on time and there are several no-shows I can get in? If so, I don't seem to be able to access the class material since my account has not been changed to ensign. Should I be able access the PVP basic class materials before the class (to make sure I have the right ships available and am prepared).
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#58 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

I signed up for the June 6 class but am 54th on the list putting me in the stand-by category. Does that mean that if I show up to the class on time and there are several no-shows I can get in? If so, I don't seem to be able to access the class material since my account has not been changed to ensign. Should I be able access the PVP basic class materials before the class (to make sure I have the right ships available and am prepared).

Yes, if there are cancellations you'll get a spot (since you're so close to the top of the list, I'd show up around the time class starts and see if what's opened up--we take roll right at the beginning). We don't open up the wiki articles until you've both got a spot and have paid, unfortunately, that means if you get a last minute spot you won't have time to read the articles. They are pretty short and we do review most of it during the class too.

#59 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

Sounds good, however one of the articles describes how to fit ships for class. This is something that I need to know before the class begins otherwise I may not have the right fit for the class. Is there any way of unlocking that article or otherwise providing access to people who have paid, but don't have a spot. I plan on bringing rifters so maybe you could just eve-mail me the recommended fittings.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#60 Azual

Azual

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Sounds good, however one of the articles describes how to fit ships for class. This is something that I need to know before the class begins otherwise I may not have the right fit for the class. Is there any way of unlocking that article or otherwise providing access to people who have paid, but don't have a spot. I plan on bringing rifters so maybe you could just eve-mail me the recommended fittings.

Simplified:

-afterburner is a must (NOT mwd)
-choose weapons and ammo for a 6-7.5km engagement range (so that you're outside smartbomb range) - rails and arty and preferable over blasters and autos
-low slots are generally best used just for agility mods, since those keep you alive (nanofiber/overdrive etc)
-spare mid slots should be electronic warfare - bring a variety and bring scripts if your modules use them. don't bring ECM unless you're flying a griffin.
Posted Image

#61 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

Toterra, we a presently over enrolled and it's not looking good for any of the stand-by's getting in. We're offering another basic class on June 19 and probably another on July 1.

#62 Old Toterra

Old Toterra

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

I am listed as not having paid for the June 18 PVP Basic course (BASIC - 1906092100). However I did pay for the June 6 course (BASIC - 0606091800) but was late in registering. Can I be moved to the paid category.
See you in fleet,

Toterra

PVP BASIC - 1906092100

Posted Image

#63 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

I am listed as not having paid for the June 18 PVP Basic course (BASIC - 1906092100). However I did pay for the June 6 course (BASIC - 0606091800) but was late in registering. Can I be moved to the paid category.

Toterra, you are on the credits list page, which is what matters: http://www.agony-unl...iewtopic.php?66

#64 wensley

wensley
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

I've signed up for the July 1st Basic class but I'm -10. Is that a problem?
[link=hhttp://www.agony-unleashed.com///e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?135779]BASIC-200907011900[/link]

#65 Skrewed

Skrewed

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

I've signed up for the July 1st Basic class but I'm -10. Is that a problem?

The classes start and a portion is done in hi-sec, so you may have a problem. Do you have an alt that you could use instead?

#66 Azual

Azual

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

In previous situations a -10 student has done the theory section using an alt. The high-sec portion can generally be done with even just an out-of-the-box alt, and your instructor should be able to advise you on the first lowsec system so that you can meet the class there with your main.
Posted Image

#67 wensley

wensley
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

I have an alt I can bring along for the theory session. I'll need to use her to get some ships to the right place anyway. Thanks guys.
[link=hhttp://www.agony-unleashed.com///e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?135779]BASIC-200907011900[/link]

#68 PvE'er

PvE'er
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

I'm not a new player in EVE. I'm just a new player when it comes to PVP. I've played regularly for quite a while, but I've never been in any kind of PvP-battle, wanted or un-wanted. I suppose I've been good at flying under the radar so far... Am I still a viable candidate for your course or have I become a lost cause due to bad PvE habits? :D

#69 Weeks

Weeks

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

You're actually the perfect candidate for the course. Trust me, you will learn things about the nature and mechanics of combat in EVE that will apply to your PvE life, and be a better player for it. For PVP-BASIC we really don't expect any knowledge of the game whatsoever of our students other than that which is imparted by the tutorial. If you can't undock, I'm sorry, a lot of what we teach will be worthless to you. ;)
Weeks - Dad. Developer. Gamer.
* Former PVP-U Lead & Sneaky Fucker Extraordinaire

#70 PvE'er

PvE'er
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

Great! Thanks. I've got the undocking part covered :D, well, mostly... I seem to still undock occasionally when I'm just trying to open the items-window, but never mind that B) Anyway, I'll be on one of your upcoming classes then. Looking forward to it!

#71 drabane

drabane
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

I had to cancel for the July 1st PVP basic class (BASIC-200907011900) as I could not make, but from what I read I should get credited. I lost 8 or 9 ships over the week which is proof enough I NEED this type of class. I don't see any more PVP Basic classes scheduled, but I will attend the very next one available and would like to apply the credit for the missed class toward the next one. My concern is how do I tell I got credited for the class fee. I did post my cancellation notice 1-2 days before the course, and do not see any indication that it was read. Many Thanks. Drabane - Drabane(PRCP)
Drabane/Dratap

[link=http://www.agony-unleashed.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?133286]BASIC - 1107091800[/link]

#72 Azual

Azual

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

I had to cancel for the July 1st PVP basic class (BASIC-200907011900) as I could not make, but from what I read I should get credited. I lost 8 or 9 ships over the week which is proof enough I NEED this type of class.

I don't see any more PVP Basic classes scheduled, but I will attend the very next one available and would like to apply the credit for the missed class toward the next one.

My concern is how do I tell I got credited for the class fee. I did post my cancellation notice 1-2 days before the course, and do not see any indication that it was read.

Many Thanks.

Drabane - Drabane(PRCP)

If you check the 'credits and corp accounts' thread, you will see a list of everyone who has been credited from a class - your name is on there.

When you sign up for your next class, just add 'credited from [COURSE CODE OF ORIGINAL COURSE]' and it'll be checked off.

There is likely to be a slight lull in classes in the near future due to the alliance tournament and related preparations. Just keep an eye out, and there will be more announced eventually!
Posted Image

#73 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

I'm looking forward to Wolfpacks & Advanced in October - I noticed the rates have changed: In Thread: Credits and Corp Accounts List Rells states Prices have changed - PVP basic is 12 milllion isk But In Thread: [FAQ] Signing Up for a Class / Class Accounts Azual still quotes PVP basic is 10 million isk :? Just thought I'd point this out before signups open up and it becomes a big deal when people start paying different amounts. - Mr. G(izznit)'s little bro. ;)
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 Baka Lakadaka

Baka Lakadaka

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

I'm looking forward to Wolfpacks & Advanced in October - I noticed the rates have changed:
In Thread:
Credits and Corp Accounts List
Rells states Prices have changed - PVP basic is 12 milllion isk

But
In Thread:
[FAQ] Signing Up for a Class / Class Accounts
Azual still quotes PVP basic is 10 million isk
:?

Just thought I'd point this out before signups open up and it becomes a big deal when people start paying different amounts.

- Mr. G(izznit)'s little bro.
;)

Fixed - thank you - the correct price is 10 million.
Posted Image

#75 Azual

Azual

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Bear in mind these are only the corporate account prices. The price for members not paying with a corporate account will be posted in the enrollment thread when a class opens (iirc 12mil is the standard price, which is probably how the threads got mixed up).
Posted Image