[QUESTIONS!] PvP University Q&A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#201 Altaieere

Altaieere

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

who were u pming ?
Posted Image

The perfect fight is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life

#202 Alistone Malikite

Alistone Malikite

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone every read...or better yet...answer their notifications or EVE Mail ... I should have just registered for class but have missed 3 so far I would have liked because I can't get responses.

If you want to talk directly with a specific agony leader use a forum PM (not an in-game mail but a private message using this forum).

If you were PM'ing (via our forum!) a specific agony member and did not get a reply then they may be away from game; but there are likely others who can answer your question.

I suggest (if you cannot find the anser on ourwebsite) that you try to get ahold of someone in the agony public in game channel. Then depending on who is there they can either answer your question or direct you to the individual you should PM on our forums.
Games are fun because of who you play them with.
If you're not having fun you're doing it wrong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#203 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

There's also a public IRC channel as described at http://www.agony-unl...ic-irc-channel/ which can be a good way of finding someone, depending on the time of day.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#204 Leonidas Tokugawa

Leonidas Tokugawa

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Of the two main members I contacted ... one was on holiday I learned for an extended time the other was active on forums and in game. And they were very specific situations that needed their attention and perhaps instead of posting here I should have informed Bamar via PM of the predicament. But I had waited weeks and used all the suggested alternatives except involving a new party who had not been involved all the earlier communications. And now it is to late too do anything about it so we all just move forward. My thanks to all who posted replies here.
BASIC-20110902 | KISS CLUB | ROOKIESHIPSWARM-20120401
WOLFPACKS-20110917 | ADVANCED-20111216 | FLYBYS-20120324

Agony Lectures
Basic Fleet Command Seminar | Bubbles in 0.0 | Scouts and Skirmishers in PVP | Small Ship PvP | Soloing for Success

Posted Image

#205 Saya Himekaidou

Saya Himekaidou
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Since the recent PVP Advanced stuff has gone up; I've noticed that a some of the articles are pretty out of date (for instance, the ammo article says that fury missiles decrease capacitor... their current incarnation, which has been around since at least Dominion, increases sig radius...); a lot of the other ammo stats are quite off in light of the recent changes (long range T2 ammo now give tracking bonuses, for example). There are several other things along those lines --- while they're not a big deal, since we have access to the patch notes and the ingame stats, of course, it's somewhat misleading. Are there any plans to update them in the near future? And how much does it affect things like ammo choice these days?

#206 Silas

Silas

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

Since the recent PVP Advanced stuff has gone up; I've noticed that a some of the articles are pretty out of date (for instance, the ammo article says that fury missiles decrease capacitor... their current incarnation, which has been around since at least Dominion, increases sig radius...); a lot of the other ammo stats are quite off in light of the recent changes (long range T2 ammo now give tracking bonuses, for example). There are several other things along those lines --- while they're not a big deal, since we have access to the patch notes and the ingame stats, of course, it's somewhat misleading. Are there any plans to update them in the near future? And how much does it affect things like ammo choice these days?

Thanks. Will add this to our to-do list...

Posted Image

In wildness is the preservation of the world,

so seek the wolf in thyself

#207 Adainy Gwanwyn

Adainy Gwanwyn
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I can't quite find the answer I'm looking for, but I've recently signed up for the BASIC course on March 10/11 and just realized (because I can't convert time) that I will not be able to make it to the first session but can make it to the second. I found that I can be marked as credited to take both courses at a later date, but would I be able to attend the first session over TS to listen in (through wifi at work) and then join in on the second day, or does being unable to make it to either session mean I would have to wait until a later date to come to both? Thanks very much, and again, sorry if this is a redundant question.

#208 Azual

Azual

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

That's up to the instructor - I suggest you PM greygal or sadamu and see which they would prefer.
Ex-Director of PVP-Uni, Eve Blogger and author of The Altruist
Posted Image

#209 Adainy Gwanwyn

Adainy Gwanwyn
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

Awesome, thanks very much Azual. :)

#210 JeannieD

JeannieD
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Are there any plans to have classes later in the day then the current (for Aug 3/4) 1800 game time? Unfortunately, I do not get home from work until roughly 2100 game time.

#211 Silas

Silas

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Are there any plans to have classes later in the day then the current (for Aug 3/4) 1800 game time? Unfortunately, I do not get home from work until roughly 2100 game time.

The time of a certain class is decided by the instructor in question. The upcoming class is a Euro tz one, but there will certainly be US tz classes held in the future.

Posted Image

#212 Sancho

Sancho

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

We do have classes scheduled for the US time zone generally speaking around 0100 eve time (or around 8 PM EDT). I will encourage the instructors to hold a US time zone class next.
Fight them, sure.
Fight to win, always.
Just don't be dicks about it, as usual.

glepp

#213 JeannieD

JeannieD
  • Pip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

#214 goddard

goddard
  • Pip

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Taken classes in the past with another character, since sold. Can I still attend the advanced classes using my class date prereqs from the other character? Can I still attend as an Alumni? Thanks! Evil!
-

Gods of War Inc

BASIC - 1909081900

#215 Greygal

Greygal

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Taken classes in the past with another character, since sold. Can I still attend the advanced classes using my class date prereqs from the other character? Can I still attend as an Alumni?

Thanks!
Evil!

Yes, just be sure to mention the original character's name in your post.

GG

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

BASIC | WOLFPACKS | ADVANCED | HSSR | EYES OF THE KILLER | STEALTH BOMBRS | FLYBYS | SKIRMISHING | INTERMEDIATE

The only chance you get is the one you take.

Redemption Road - Free Public Roams and Other Events!

Public Chat: Redemption Road - Mailing List: Redemption Roams

Roc’s Rule #286:  A real friend never lets you do anything stupid … alone.

m3gAb3q.png

#216 Bamar

Bamar

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Taken classes in the past with another character, since sold. Can I still attend the advanced classes using my class date prereqs from the other character? Can I still attend as an Alumni?

Thanks!
Evil!

All class registrations/graduations are tied to the agony forum account you used, not the EVE character you used, so as long as you still have the same forum account there's zero problem.
"Stop exploding you cowards!"

#217 evilphoenix (GWINC)

evilphoenix (GWINC)
  • Pip

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Thanks!
Evil!

All class registrations/graduations are tied to the agony forum account you used, not the EVE character you used, so as long as you still have the same forum account there's zero problem.

Apparently I do.

Can I get everything changed to evilphoenix?

#218 evilphoenix (GWINC)

evilphoenix (GWINC)
  • Pip

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thanks!
Evil!

Apparently I do.

Can I get everything changed to evilphoenix?

I guess you can disreguard. I have changed that account's name. Renamed my other account (goddard) which can be purged, if you want. Does the alumni list need to be updated on the wiki?

#219 Arius Black

Arius Black
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi, I was signed up for the PVP BASIC class this weekend but couldn't get out of work due to a server failure that needed to be fixed before the weekend. I would have notified you sooner if I could have. Could you pull me from this weekend's class please and I will try and make the next one. Cheers, Arius Black

#220 Redline1969

Redline1969
  • PipPip

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have taken Basic and Wolfpack with one of my characters in my corp, and now I want to continue taking courses but with an alt out of my corp.  Is there a problem with this because from the previous post it seems that the courses I have taken are linked to my forum ID and not my character name.

Should the character name be updated in the graduation page or is it irrelevant?

Thanks,

#221 Silas

Silas

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

I have taken Basic and Wolfpack with one of my characters in my corp, and now I want to continue taking courses but with an alt out of my corp.  Is there a problem with this because from the previous post it seems that the courses I have taken are linked to my forum ID and not my character name.

Should the character name be updated in the graduation page or is it irrelevant?

Thanks,

Courses are linked to your forum account as you say. Sign up for classes as instructed, using your forum name and character name and you should be golden.

Posted Image

#222 Arusu

Arusu
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I've been to basic class, but instructor still hasn't updated graduates list, can i sign up as alumni on next basic class?

#223 Jeremiah Cole

Jeremiah Cole

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I've been to basic class, but instructor still hasn't updated graduates list, can i sign up as alumni on next basic class?

Yup! I remember you taking the class, so go for it.

We're hoping to have some enrollment issues corrected soon.

#224 Redline1969

Redline1969
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

I am signed up for the next skirmishing class and I was wondering if the skirmishing documents are going to be updated with the new information since the updates.  Quite a bit has changed with the interceptors, such as which ones get the bonus to the wapr disruptor range.  I want to make sure I am bringing the right fittings for the class too.

Thanks in advance.

#225 ToranBrades

ToranBrades

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

I am signed up for the next skirmishing class and I was wondering if the skirmishing documents are going to be updated with the new information since the updates.  Quite a bit has changed with the interceptors, such as which ones get the bonus to the wapr disruptor range.  I want to make sure I am bringing the right fittings for the class too.

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

specifically the fitting suggestions have been changed (part of the linked reading material). We have gone also through the class documents - but if you find something about "bubbles" in there, please take a note and let us know later, as obviously there's always some stuff you could miss.